Guild Wars Kira

The personal musings of a simple woman from the hills of Ascalon who took up the bow and arrow to defend her nation and ended up saving the world. Three times.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Inland Empire, CA, United States

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

By Way Of Introduction

It feels sort of strange to be writing like this. But since things have become so hectic lately, my little sister suggested that I write about my adventures. She said it would help me keep perspective. I told her that if I needed perspective, I'd climb to the top of Icedome. But here I am anyway.

My name is Kira Lanfier of the Green Hills Lanfiers. It's a large family with branches in quite a number of places. Different continents, too, it turns out. Grandfather thought of himself as prolific.

I don't know how to describe myself. Some guy once said I look like Denise Richards. I'm not sure who that is. I do know a Dennis Rickardson. Last I saw of him, he was working as an obelisk mage out at Nolani Academy. He's very nice, but if that's who the guy meant, it isn't much of a compliment. To make up for my lack writing ability, I promise to place an illustration of myself in this magic diary as soon as someone shows me how.

I am a ranger by trade, and that is how I entered the Ascalon Academy. It seems like forever ago. I've dedicated myself to the perfection that is the bow. Flatbows, hornbows, recurve bows, longbows, shortbows. Every bow is perfect in its own way, and I love them all. Not that I haven't dabbled in other disciplines. At one time or other, I've taken up the path of the warrior, monk, elementalist, mesmer, necromancer, and ritualist. The only profession I've never explored is that of assassin. I've heard some interesting things about that, however, so it is only a matter of time.

I think that's enough for now. Maybe next time I'll talk about my early days in the Academy and my favorite ways to kill Charr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home