Guild Wars Kira

The personal musings of a simple woman from the hills of Ascalon who took up the bow and arrow to defend her nation and ended up saving the world. Three times.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Inland Empire, CA, United States

Friday, June 02, 2006

The Things I Have To Do

Being an adventurer is not as glamorous at it may seem. Sure, there's the killing of things. You get to defend people and assault the occasional enemy fortifications. And once I beat a dragon into submission. But then there are the other things.

Any time an adventurer shows up, it's like people lose all ability to do anything for themselves. They stand there and whine about how they are so helpless. And they want me to do the stupidest things: take this there, go get this and bring it back here, go talk to a bunch of people and tell me what they say.

Mary Malone took the prize for the strangest request during my Academy days. She left her basket of apples out in the orchard because she was scared of the spiders, and she asked me to get it back. To be fair, they were big spiders. But I don't think I'll be volunteering to carry fruit ever again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home