Guild Wars Kira

The personal musings of a simple woman from the hills of Ascalon who took up the bow and arrow to defend her nation and ended up saving the world. Three times.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Inland Empire, CA, United States

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My Favorite Bows: Elswyth's Recurve Bow

I have, from time to time, complained about the futility in battling the chaos incursion at the Tomb of the Primeval Kings. So it is with some amusement that I discovered a weapon perfectly designed to drive them out deep within the Hall of Heroes.

King Elswyth was a man with a conflicted nature. A great hero of the Elonian people, he was entombed with his mighty bow. On the other hand when his ghost appeared last Wintersday, he was championing the use of the axe, hammer, and sword. This makes it difficult to determine if the king was a ranger of incomparable skill or just another stupid warrior.

Whether Elswyth followed the high path or the low, it is without dispute that he owned a bow of fiendish glory. The weapon itself is dark as onyx and feels chilly to the touch. While holding the bow, I can feel my very life energy draining into it. Much like a canteen with a slow leak, you may not notice until it's too late. Therefore, I have to be very careful in handling it. Or I have to find another way to satiate its hunger.

Any arrow fired from the bow does more than harm its target. It also drains life energy from my enemy and flows it back into me. The effect is much like the vampiric touch skills I learned from my necromancer training. And if I fire a barrage of arrows into a crowd (and there are many crowd in the ruined tomb), the flood of life can be overwhelming.

It helps that the recurve design causes arrows to fly low and fast. But you have to get in close for it to be affective. This greatly contrasts the high-arcing, long-flying shots of my flat bow. But when your using a vampiric weapon, nothing you face is going to last long.

Remember if you ever have a vampiric bow to put it away when your not using it. You'd have to be pretty stupid to let a vampiric weapon kill you because you weren't paying attention. Not that I'm speaking from experience. Really.

Oh, crud. How do I fix this stupid magic diary again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home