Guild Wars Kira

The personal musings of a simple woman from the hills of Ascalon who took up the bow and arrow to defend her nation and ended up saving the world. Three times.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Inland Empire, CA, United States

Monday, June 12, 2006

What I Learned From The Marauders

One of the first things I did upon arriving in Cantha was seek out any new archery techniques that were not common to my homeland. If you were under the assumption that everyone drew a bow the same, let me clear up your delusions now. No matter where you go, people do things differently. A lot of the basics may be the same, but there is no telling what people will do beyond that.

Take the marauders' technique, for instance. The mechanics are simplicity itself once you overcome your preconceptions. Basically, the archer mentally prepares, instead of just one shot, an entire sequence of attacks. What you lose in flexibility, you gain in power ten fold. So easy, but so devastating as well. It is certainly the most useful skill I've learned in this strange land.

As an amusing side note: I've never once met a marauder. I've traveled almost the length and breadth of two continents, and nary spotted a one. I learned the skill from a woman by the name of Michiko I met up in Kaineng Center. Very smart woman, if a little harried. There are always people around her ready to pay for help. Anyway there is a lesson to me learned here: no matter how good your technique, it may not be enough to keep your people from being lost to the Mists.

(That last sentence may have been a little melodramatic, but my little sister hasn't told me how change anything in this magic diary yet. Please pretend I didn't write that.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home