Guild Wars Kira

The personal musings of a simple woman from the hills of Ascalon who took up the bow and arrow to defend her nation and ended up saving the world. Three times.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Inland Empire, CA, United States

Saturday, August 12, 2006

A Bag Full Of Signets of Capture

Not that you should ever have to go through this, but I wanted to give a little unsolicited advice. I discovered that, once I'd saved the world a couple of times, it is difficult to keep myself occupied with mundane tasks. Sure, there are still monsters to be slain. The Luxons are still raiding Kurzick lands. I could still help clear the gods' personal paradises of malign influences. But it gets old after a while.

So I set goals for myself. Recently I decided to I wanted to learn a number of skills beyond my normal ranger abilities. And not just any skills, I wanted to learn the elite skills at are only attainable through hard work. I made a quick trip to Senji's Corner in Cantha, purchased more signets of capture than I could fit on all my figures and toes, and made for the wilderness.

It turns out that the deeper you get into the wilderness, the greater your opportunities for skill capturing become. In the Echovald, I transversed the vast Morostav Trail and the magnificent Mourning Veil Falls. I even braved the Jade Sea to explore the Silent Surf and Rhea's Crater, one of the most hazardous places in all of Cantha. We fought and slew the most dreadful creatures and I drew the knowledge of their abilities from their still warm corpses.

Senji and I have become pretty close during this ordeal. I have to consult him everytime I want to refocus on a new profession. I'll stop by to chat, throw in that I have to work on my elementalist abilities, he rolls his eyes at me and does his thing. When I finally told him what I was up to he laughed at me. Do you know how many elite skills you have to capture to gain any notority? 90, he tells me! I need a bigger bag of signets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home