Guild Wars Kira

The personal musings of a simple woman from the hills of Ascalon who took up the bow and arrow to defend her nation and ended up saving the world. Three times.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Inland Empire, CA, United States

Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Attack on Gandara

I write from somewhere below the Kourna desert in this sanctuary the Sunspears have made. So much has happened in the last couple of days and I need to write it down while I have this respite.

It turns out that I was confused about my role in the upcoming attack by the Sunspears. I was not just to direct a small squad of champions in the battle, I was placed in charge of the entire Sunspear army. That came as a bit of a shock to me, but I took to the challenge and lead the charge as best I could. My personal cadre acted admirably, though their inexperience lead them into some folly during the fray. Nothing a good resurrection spell could not handle.

Speaking of resurrection spell, the Sunspears have this marvelous variant of the trusty resurrection signet I was given upon first arriving at Ascalon Academy. This Sunspear Rebirth Signet actually becomes more effective as one rises through the ranks of the Sunspears. Evidently it's powered by the expression of one's own majesty. The things some people will think of astound me.

All was going reasonable will during the battle until we reached the heart of Varesh Ossa's defenses. There the damnable woman summoned enormous demons and completely routed the Sunspear army. I must admit that I tucked tail and ran in the face of that horde. Along the way, Spearmarshal Kormir was lost and Koss, one of my cadre, was captured.

So I have gathered what Sunspears I have left and set up a temporary headquarters in the Kourna desert. It is an underground oasis overrun with overgrown termites. The cleansing of the shrine was not overly difficult. And now we have a base of operations from which to strike at Ossa and her demonic horde.

As one last item of note, I would like to thank Midshipman Morolah, a corsair raider on the Marga Coast. I learned from him the technique for firing a single Burning Arrow. And though he did not survive the lesson, I will remember his ability for a long time to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home